Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's a baby hat without ear flaps?

Between a computer glitch on Thursday and a super busy weekend that included pureeing organic sweet potatoes into baby food at midnight, I haven't found a second to update until now.... but the computer seems to have fixed itself (for the moment), Baby M. is napping, Ian is watching the Canada/U.S. hockey game, and all chores are done for the night, so here I am. Woo hoo!

I'm happy to say that the good ol' random number picker chose the number 3 as the winner for the jammies giveaway, which happened to be Kelly De Cecco:

 "Kelly De Cecco said: Oh, me too! But I also have two boys. OK, cutest thing about L, no matter how crappy of a night he's had, he wakes with this oh so innocent smile on his face as if to say "couldn't have been me making all that noise last night Mommy??" Cutest thing about E.....hard to pick b/c there are so many :>) But he grooves to hip hop music doing the robot dance (and I promise I didn't teach it to him)...and he also says night-night to everything in his room, including his tractor, cement truck, garbage truck, and crane. Oh to be two years old!!!"

Kelly is an old friend of mine who now lives in a different province, so we haven't seen each other (outside of Facebook) for.... how long, Kelly? Ten years, at least! Her two-year-old son, E., is a little cutie-pie (as seen in pictures), and she recently had two more darlings: a twin boy and girl. I'm very happy to be sending the pajamas her way!

Giveaway # 3 for Celebrate the Boy Month to be announced in my next post. :)

I had a wonderful guest blogger lined up for this weekend with an awesome boy-related craft tutorial (and this lady is a fab teacher), but she's one busy, busy lady, so she'll be here on Wednesday instead. She's worth the wait, I promise. In the meantime, here's a brilliant tutorial by Rae (part of her Boy Month celebrations) I found, showing how to make a man's button-down shirt into one for a little boy. It takes away the hardest parts of making a shirt from scratch, and the finished product looks far more complicated than it is (plus, if you can buy two adult shirts the same, you could have matching Daddy/Baby outfits... how adorable would that be?!).

I made Baby M. a hat this past week, which he hated before it was even started. He hates all hats, and when I say hate, I mean he starts crying if he sees us with one he recognizes in our hands. Luckily for him, it ended up too small, so it was a gift for his newest cousin (one month old), instead. Unluckily for Baby M., I've enlarged my pattern!



I realized after I made the hat that the colours are exactly like boy scout (Beavers) colours; LOL. The inside is some brown fleece I had here at home, and the outside is blue velveteen (remember the three metres I had and didn't know what to do with? This took about 0.3 of a metre).

My projects for this week are some embroidered two-piece outfits (top and pants) for boys and girls... and fuzzy kittens!

1 comment:

  1. I knew that velveteen would make a great hat! I'm so jealous of you for having access to nice fabrics - you know that right?
    I can just see Ian and M in their matching shirts now!

    ReplyDelete