Saturday, January 9, 2010

Hellooooo There...






Monsters!

These are the little toys I made for my niece, nephew and Baby M. for Old Christmas Day (and finally finished). Ian drew the pattern for me, and they're sewn with normal quilting cotton and felt (made from recycled pop bottles), stuffed with polyester batting and hand-embroidered. The flowered one has my niece's name on the heart (Kylie); the one with dots has "Roarr!" on it. Let me know if you like 'em, and I might make them a regular thing. ;)







For my other nephew, two-year-old Little E., I made a blanket... but by "made" I mean just sewing a hem on a big piece of fleece and blanket-stitching around the edges with wool. His latest obsession is hockey (and he's very inventive- he can make his own stick and puck out of anything; when he was at our house last weekend, he found the pitchfork from Ian's Halloween costume and a plastic Christmas tree bulb, and said, "Look, Tara! Hockey game!" as he hit the bulb down the hallway), and it just happened that the local fabric store has a huge sale on fleece, including a hockey player print. He calls blankets "ballies," so this is now his hockey bally. I think my sister's got some 5 a.m. rides to the rink in her future!




Oh, the weather outside is frightful, so we're staying in tonight to watch movies. I'm actually glad to have a bit of snow now... we bought Baby M. a little infant sleigh about a month ago, and as soon as we did, the weather turned warm and we haven't been able to take him out in it. This is enough snow, though, mind you. Did you hear me up there?!

3 comments:

  1. I love, love, love your monsters! The expressions are priceless.
    I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with next :)
    xo
    AB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute!!!! Love the monsters!

    ~ Zor-Betty

    ReplyDelete